September 11, 2016

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Pattern 9

Here we are at the end of our free BOM quilt journey! I hope you have enjoyed stitching the 

You Are Blessed quilt

or as I imagine with many of you, that you will enjoy it when you get round to stitching it one day!


I have given you some instructions for how I put all the blocks together and finished the quilt. You can find Pattern 9 free here in my Craftsy Store.

All the blocks will remain free for download until 31st December 2016. Of course I would love to see a photo of your completed quilt!

That won't be the end of the freebies for the year from me as I have a plan to share
  six Christmas tree decorations

These little cuties will start at the beginning of October, with a new one each fortnight until the 11th December. I hope you will like them as I've really enjoyed preparing them for you.



We have been enjoying the freshness of the Spring Season. Birds are nesting (swallow above), young are fledging (Blue-faced honeyeater baby below) and happily for me, the weather is getting warmer.


We were thrilled to find a Tawny Frogmouth nesting again this year. They are masters of camouflage and we are amazed that we have been able to find them six years in a row in the thousands of trees we pass on our morning walk. This year there is extra excitement as we have found two separate nests:


I found a drawer full of hand towels and face washers in my craft room, so, with Spring in the air, I decided it was time they had some work on them to pretty them up.


Some quick applique, Prairie Points and a bit of ric rac and an hour or so later a plain white towel was transformed. I love the freshness of the blue and white, 


  Then I went into "In the Pink" mode!

I needed the drawer space, so I did a few more ... but I'll show you them next time!

Happy Stitching!
Val

5 comments:

KaHolly said...

Your quilt is just lovely, Val! I need a travel project, and this might be perfect! I'll be away from the sewing machine for a few weeks, but will have a lot of sit time. Your tea towels are very inspiring! It would take me more than an hour to 'whip one up', but I find them to be very inspiring. And, of course, I LOVE your bird pictures! Thanks for sharing them! XO

Anonymous said...

What a great day in your sewing room. I love those towels. Thanks so much for pattern #9. Next year is my year of applique, and I intend to do a lot of it. This year has been the year of baby quilts. =)

Gina E. said...

Hi Val, I love your tea towels! I'm thinking of doing some with a Christmas theme this year, for some of the online swaps I am participating in. In the past few years I've made placemats, mug rugs and table runners, so it is time for a change. Yours have given me a few ideas - thank you!

Linda J. said...

The tea towels are a great idea and your applique is so cute !! I really like your needle case. How do I get a pattern for this particular one? I am in the US so I can't get the magazine, darn it !!

Blessings to you,
Linda Janovitz

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful wall hanging with me. your blog and work is a huge inspiration to me and seeing it on this monday morning has just given me the boost that I need to get a few small projects done and onto this wonderful free bom of yours. Thanks for sharing your great talent with me and also everyday life too.