March 15, 2015

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Pattern 3

It's time to give you the next pattern in the free
wall quilt.

 

What a difference to our every-day relationships it would make if
we took this verse to heart!  Forgiveness is one of the most important keys to contentment and when we forgive, the kindness and compassion tend to naturally
follow.

 
There's another sweet little charm sewn on as a reminder of the keys to contentment:



You can download the pattern here.

My sewing for the school Easter fund-raiser is now finished. It included this cushion cover:


and a cute little bunny bag:


I was out more than I was home this week so there wasn't a great deal of sewing happening! I did manage to get all the instructions, samples, templates etc together to send off four new projects to magazine editors. Here are a couple of sneak peaks. Some Dresdens:

 

playing with felt:


sweet stitchery:


And a personal reflection - my beautiful mother passed away 10 years ago tomorrow.  How I miss her.

Mum and I at the beginning of my life:


Mum and I at the end of her life, taken just a few days before she died: 


There is no earthly love like that of a mother.

Val


10 comments:

sunny said...

Great timing! I'm making my list of projects for a retreat this weekend, and I just wrote "hand project". I guess I know what that will be. Great pictures of you and your mum. They're always in our hearts.

Ondrea said...

Oh dear dear Val I send you many angel hugs and blessings. That is a lovely photo of you and your mother. So precious. I try to spend as much time with my parents as possible, they are both in their 80s. MUm is even in my patchwork group. LOve those bunnies. Soooo cute. Thank you for another beautiful stitchery. I have kept up to date with them so far and shall attempt to get this one traced today.

Unknown said...

What beautiful photographs of you and your mum - how alike you both are. A mum is such a special person. Thankyou for our next "keys" stitchery. I too am keeping up with mine and they are just lovely to stitch out. Such pretty sneak peaks of your new projects. Hugs, Sarah.

Christine M said...

What beautiful photos of you and your Mother, Val.

Nanna Chel said...

Val, you must have some wonderful memories of your mum. My mum died at 97 and she was a talented seamstress and did knitting and crochet well into her 90s. I will put your third block on my blog. It is going to look fabulous when it is finished.

sandi s said...

I love the photos of you and your mom! My mom was such a sweetie and I miss her every day too. Hugs,

Kate said...

Val, lovely photos of you and your mom. As usual the projects that you shared are beautiful ... I really like the felt flowers. :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Thank you for the block of the month pattern. It is very pretty!

Marilyn said...

Lovely photos of your projects, and also of your mum. Mothers are always a special person.

Sisbabestitches said...

Lovely block 3- remembering and honouring these points will do wonders for our relationships with ourselves too! Very sweet craft stall goodies :)