November 4, 2013

Starting to think about Christmas ...


A few of my Christmas patterns have started appearing in magazines, so it's difficult for me not to be thinking about Christmas which is creeping up on us so fast.

I used the lovely Cinnamon Spice range to make the "O Christmas Tree" bag. It's a sweet bag to carry some of the Christmas shopping:


It is in Country Threads magazine 14/7:


On a more elegant note, the "Candle, candle, burning bright Cushion" uses gorgeous silk dupion and gold braid,  and is embellished with silk ribbon roses:


It is in the latest Stunning Country Craft Magazine 24/5:



Now, seeing I'm thinking about Christmas, then it is obviously time for gift-giving!  Commencing on the 17th November, I will have a free pattern for you each week up until the 8th December.  


I have chosen patterns that would be ideal for a lovely hand-made gift and that won't take long to make.  There'll be a cushion, needlecase, bag and table runner. 
Watch this spot!

I'm now home from the fantastic Creative Craft Retreat.  The ladies in my class did a great job of their silk ribbon embroidery.  Some of them had never done any type of embroidery before, so it was quite an achievement for them to produce what they did: 





I was impressed!  It's always a joy to teach ladies who are keen to learn and put 100% effort into what they are attempting.

Now I had better go and put away all the gear that I had to take on the weekend!

Happy stitching!
Val

8 comments:

Cheryll said...

You are very generous Val... and I for one will certainly be back to take advantage of you... in the nicest possible way that is! LOL :)

Kate said...

Your projects are beautiful, Val. I look forward to your free patterns and appreciate your generosity.

Gina E. said...

I'm also looking forward to your generous freebies :-) I've marked some of your earlier patterns in older magazines in my collection, that I'd like to get done in the next month in time for Christmas. But I can always change my mind when I see your freebies here!

sunny said...

THe ribbon embroidery is beautiful. As are all of your projects. I can't wait to see what you'll be sharing for Christmas

Grethe said...

Beautiful embroidery, and I love your Christmas tree bag! Looking forward to checking the pattern in the magazine :-)

Christine M said...

Lovely projects Val. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I'm looking forward to your Christmas projects you are sharing again this year.

Anonymous said...

What lovely stitching they did! I really like your Christmas pillow. I like the design for the bag, too, but I'm not much of a bag person. I look forward to your Christmas season of giving. Maybe it will help me in my own giving!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait till the 17th! You are Too Generous. Love all of your work and thanks for all of your lovely freebies.
Carol O