October 2, 2011

Fete time!

It's fete time in lots of places in Australia and I've been making bits and pieces for a couple of stalls coming up next month.  My cupcake pincushions always seem popular, so I'm on a production line with them - cut out ten and have made four so far. This photo makes me think of the nursery rhyme line "pretty maids all in a row"!


Handmade magazine Vol 29/6 was a special Fete and Fairs issue and my Quick and Easy Fete Bags were in there - the purple and white bag on the bottom right:

 

I made two variations of the pattern:


You can make one in about an hour so they are superfast and great for whipping up a few for a fete or charity.

Handmade 29/7 also had a profile on me.  Don't know that you would learn anything that you don't know about me from reading it, but it's there for the looking!


Here's a couple of sneek peaks at some more of the commissions that I finished this month: 
 
not my usual colours but this one was all about Autumn.

 
Lots of variegated threads used in this one:

 
 
We're having a week's holiday with our interstate family at the moment.  They head north and we drive south and we meet about halfway at a lovely location on the New South Wales coast.  Four grandchildren to enjoy again! 

My DH's ceremony at Government House was a fantastic time.  I hope to share some photos next week when I am back home.

Have a great week.
Regards
Val 

6 comments:

quilterliz said...

G'day Val. Your pin cushions are so cute. I just love them. Your other projects look beautiful as well. Glad that the ceremony went well. Look forward to seeing some photos. Take care. Liz...

Jeanette said...

Love your cute pincushions. The sneak peeks look lovely & interesting. Have a great holiday. Happy Stitching,

Christine M said...

I love those autumn leaves!

Marsha B said...

Your cupcake pincushions are so yummy looking! Who wouldn't love a beautiful pincushion like that? Your other designs are gorgeous, too. Enjoy your family time, especially with all the grandkids!

Allie said...

The cupcakes are too cute! And I love your fete bags! The autumn leaves are making me drool - that's all I see around here, but yours are even cuter! Enjoy your holiday!

lynne said...

i am in love with the autumn leaves....can't wait to see where and how they show up--hopefully in an easy to procure pattern for me here in the states. they will make it to the top of the list in must stitches!! i always love your work!