March 28, 2010

Stash-busting bags

In a rash moment, I committed myself to making 50 or 60 little gift bags for the Creative Craft Retreat in Queensland in November this year.  My previous donations have been a pattern or a stitchery - not much effort required - but this year I thought I might be able to reduce my stash a little by making these bags.  You can see what colour shelves I got stuck into last week:

 


They were whizzed up on the overlocker to speed up the process and are quite a practical size - 8 x 10 inches.  The only trouble is I cannot really see any dent in the fabric pile!!!

Oh well, another 30 and the stash should surely get smaller!

Hugs
Val

4 comments:

CraftyMummy said...

Ooooh! Another great reason to go to Craft Retreat!

Janelle said...

It's wonderful that I don't have to think about organising gift bags this year! They're looking great, Mum!

Denysem said...

Lindos! Valeu a pena trabalho.Parabéns o!
Hugs

Shirley said...

Wow Val. I only came over here to get the Gifts of Grace blocks but I'm loving your site! You have so much neat stuff on here to look at. Love your gift bags. I don't know how you get it all done but it's all great.