August 18, 2009

Two more cupboards

A couple of years ago for one of our little grand-daughters I made a wall-hanging in the shape of a Kitchen Dresser. It has removable plates, cups and saucers, teapot etc and it became one of my favourite projects. It was subsequently published in Country Threads magazine. There is a picture of that one here.

Then the cupboards just started reproducing!!! It wasn’t long before there was also a gardening cupboard, a tool cupboard and a laundry cupboard.

And they’re still appearing! Two more have just been published. The refrigerator appeared last month in Country Threads. You can see how much I love appliqué as there’s plenty of it in this project. The grandchildren especially like the spoon sitting ready to eat the Sundae.




The refrigerator’s friend came out last week in Patchwork & Stitching magazine. This one is a Pantry, with jars, bottles, packets and cans full of goodies!



I think there must be a lot of the child left in me because I get so much pleasure from making things for children. I have so many more ideas for my Cupboard series that I’m getting itchy fingers to get back to the sewing machine!

Happy stitching!
Val

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Hi Mum,
Hopefully you get itchy fingers to make some more cupboards for us!